Cosmetic Surgery Institute offers men and women in Palm Desert and Palm Springs dermal fillers for a variety of skin concerns. Our selection of injectable treatments can be customized to provide you with personalized results that suit your aesthetic preferences. Whether you are hoping to reduce wrinkles, enhance your lips, or improve the look of your eye area, our experienced nurse practitioner, Peggy, can help you choose the right product for your needs.
A combination of fillers is often needed to achieve the best results. Request a complimentary consultation online or call (760) 837-0364 to discuss your options for dermal fillers in Palm Springs and Palm Desert.
Our team of nurses and estheticians is dedicated to providing each patient customized treatment plans that are tailored to meet their unique needs and aesthetic preferences. Your individual concerns will be addressed during the initial consultation in order to first assess which filler is right for you. Peggy, our filler RN, will guide you through this process, offering her knowledge and advice for achieving your best possible results.
Although injectable treatments are sometimes chosen as an alternative to surgery, they still require the skill of a trained professional. Peggy is a highly regarded injector by both professionals and patients, and she frequently hosts training clinics at our Palm Desert office on the proper use of injectables. You can trust in her knowledge and expertise for obtaining the results you want.
To view real results from some our dermal filler patients, visit our photo gallery.
What options are available?
Cosmetic Surgery Institute offers a complete list of injectable treatments, including:
- Sculptra® Aesthetic
How do I know which injectable to choose?
A consultation with Peggy is the best way to determine which filler is best for you. However, our treatments can be summarized as follows:
- Restylane®: commonly chosen to restore full, sensual lips. Restylane is a glear gel that works together with your body's own natural acids to naturally plump and define your lips. Restylane can also be used in the folds around the mouth to fill and smooth out lines.
- Perlane®: restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose and the corners of your mouth. FDA-approved in 2007, Perlane is made from hyaluronic acid that has been slightly modified to last longer than the body's own hyaluronic acid.
- JUVÉDERM®: used predominantly in the folds along the side of the nose and mouth. JUVÉDERM is a gel filler produced through a technology that creates a smooth, natural look that can last up to 6 months or longer.
- RADIESSE®: primarily used to fill in facial folds and wrinkles. This filler has calcium-based microspheres that form a "scaffold" to support and stimulate the growth of your own collagen.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: a long-lasting dermal filler made from poly-L-lactic acid that is typically used to correct deep facial lines and wrinkles. Sculptra can also be used to plump up skin depressions caused by facial scarring.
- Bellafill®: an FDA-approved collagen filler that contains with polymethylmethacrylate microspheres. Designed to add instant, lasting volume to smile lines and scars, Bellafill's results can last for up to 5 years.
Which should I choose: dermal fillers or BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Dermal fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic are actually complementary treatments that can be used together to create a "lifting" effect on the skin, while also minimizing the look of wrinkles. During your consultation, Peggy will evaluate your skin and recommend the most effective procedures.
About Our Doctors
Plastic surgeons Dr. Mo Zakhireh and Dr. Clark Taylor balance art and science using innovative procedures with skillful execution. Under their experienced direction, you can become the best version of yourself.
What to Expect
The areas of your face to be treated will first be marked to ensure accuracy. Your nurse will then clean the injection sites with an antibacterial agent and a topical anesthetic may also be applied for additional comfort. The dermal fillers are then carefully injected into the correct locations (this process takes only a few minutes). After your treatment, you can return to work or your regular activities immediately.
Some people may experience mild swelling or bruising after treatment. These effects are temporary and generally resolve within a few days. Depending on the type of filler used, you may be asked to gently massage your face for a few minutes each day to ensure that the filler spreads evenly. Your nurse will provide you with any post-procedural instructions.
Enhancing Your Look
BOTOX Cosmetic is often chosen in addition to dermal fillers by men and women who want to lift areas of the face that are sagging. Dermal fillers are also a great way to enhance the results of your face lift or laser treatment.
Facial Fillers & BOTOX®To view more videos, visit our video gallery.
For additional videos on specific procedures and the practice, please visit our Video page.